Independent Research Studies
RESEARCH PROJECTS: COMPLETED
- KLOPPER, HC & GMEINER, HC: Effects of restructuring on personnel at the NWWBA, 1995-1996
- KLOPPER, HC: Constructivist learning in Health Science Education, 1998 – 2002
- KLOPPER, HC & GREEFF, M: Support system for facilitators in Telematic Programmes, 1999-2000
- KLOPPER, HC: Change in a learning organisation, 2000
- KLOPPER, HC: The effect of corporate downsizing and restructuring on surviving personnel, 2001
- KLOPPER, HC: Critical Success Factors in a PBL – approach, 2002
- KLOPPER, HC: Qualitative Evaluation: The use of student drawings, 2002 – 2003
- KLOPPER, HC & SJÖSTRÖM, B: Pain Assessment: A cultural perspective, 2002 – 2003
- HOFMEYER, A & KLOPPER, HC: Moral Networks in work environments: social capital indicators, 2004 – 2008
- CHEEK, J; KLOPPER HC; ROOS, V; MEYER, J; KIRKEVOLD, M & H HITOMI: Loneliness in the older person, 2006 -2009.
- KLOPPER, HC; ROOS, V; STRYDOM, H; STRYDOM, C; SCHUTTE, A; KRUGER, A; ROSS, H; JERLING, J & KLEYNHANS, H: Quality of life and Wellbeing of the Older Person, 2006 – 2009.
RESEARCH PROJECTS: IN PROGRESS
- KLOPPER, HC: Leadership Development and Wellness in the Workplace – A case for social capital, 2004 – in process
- UYS, LR; KLOPPER, HC; VAN WYK, N; VAN DER WAL, D; MINNIE, K; BORNMAN, E; VAN DER WALT, C; BENGU, B & BEKKER, E. Capacity building in East Africa. Establishment of master’s degrees in Kenya and Tanzania. 2005 -2011.
- IDRC, CIHR and Teasdale-Corti. 2007-2012. EDWARDS, N. (principal investigator), KASEJE, D., (Co-PI) KAHWA, E., (Co-PI) WEBBER, J., MILL, J., WALUSIMB, M., CRAWFORD, A., KLOPPER, HC. (Co-investigators), Team members: Atieno, P., Hepburn-Brown, C., Cummings, G., Legault, F., Roelofs, S., Groft, J, Tourangeau, A. et al. University of Ottawa. Strengthening nurses’ capacity in HIV policy development in sub-Saharan Africa and the Caribbean (http://www.idrc.ca/en/ev-134246-201-1-DO_TOPIC.html)
- RN4CAST. EUROPEAN UNION. 2008 – 2012. Dr W Semeus (PI), Dr L Aiken (Co-PI); Dr De Geest; Dr Diomidous; Dr Durna; Mrs Ekman; Dr Klopper; Dr Liu; Dr Matthews; Mrs Moreno-Casbas; Dr Rafferty; Dr Scott; Dr Schoonhoven;Dr Schubert; Dr Shaibu; Dr Tishelman; Dr Antypas; Dr Brzostek; Dr Bommels; Dr Busse; Dr Clarke; Dr Delauré; Dr Frigas; Dr Griffiths; Dr Gustavsson; Dr Kinnunen; Dr Liaskos; Dr Lesaffre; Dr Mantas; Dr Van Achterberg; Dr Van den Heede; Dr Wörz; and Dr Zikos. International collaboration study. Multinational comparison. The purpose of the RN4CAST project is to expand typical forecasting models with factors that take into account how features of work environments and qualifications of the nurse workforce impact on nurse retention and productivity in nursing staff and patient outcomes. Research team members are based at Belgium Katholieke Universiteit, Leuven, University of Kuopio, Finland, Technical University Berlin, Germany, University of Athens, Greece, City University, Ireland Dublin, University of Nijmegen, The Netherlands, Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland, The Institute of Health Carlos III, Spain, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, University of Basel, Switzerland, Kings College London, UK, University of Pennsylvania, USA, University of Botswana, Union Medical College, Peking, China and North-West University, South Africa. (http://www.rn4cast.eu/en/partners.php?country=5)
- Multi-country comparison of the quality of the PHD degree. 2008-2010. The purpose of the study is to compare the quality of nursing doctoral education among Australia (Dr J Daly – Co-PI), Japan (Dr S Murashima – Co-PI), Korea (Dr HyeonKyeong Lee – Co-PI), South Africa (Prof HC KLOPPER – Co-PI and S Knobloch – Collaborator), Thailand (Dr W Kunaviktikul – Co-PI), United Kingdom (Dr H McKenna), and United States (Dr M Kim – PI), and compare strategies for improving the quality of nursing doctoral education among these countries.
- KTE GRANT GHRI (IDRC) 2010-2011: A strategy for scaling-up and sustaining a research internship and mentoring roles. Edwards, N (PI); Klopper, HC (Co-PI); Knobloch Coetzee, S; Van der Walt, SJC; Muller, CE; Minnie, C; Kahwa, E ; Richter, S; Duncan, S; Owino, J; & Akello, P.
- KTE GRANT GHRI (IDRC) 2010-2011: Enhancing the Function and Impact of Nursing “Leadership Hubs”: A knowledge transfer and exchange strategy for HIV policy development in sub-Saharan Africa and the Caribbean. Kahwa, E; Davison, C; Kaseje, D; Edwards, N; Klopper, HC; Mill, JE; Juka, P; Walusimbi, M; Rae, T; Kumakech, E; Dawkins, P; Obago, I; Nabirye, R; Muller, CE; Raburu, J.
- Centre for Nursing Policy and Leadership Outcomes (CENPOLL): RN4CAST Project. Atlantic Philanthropy Grant. Klopper, HC (PI); Pretorius, R; Knobloch, S & Bester, P. 2009-2011.
- Professionalisation of FUNDISA. Atlantic Philanthropy Grant. Klopper, HC and Knobloch, S. 2010-2012.